New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi went to the Delhi airport today to receive Benjamin Netanyahu, the first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in more than a decade. Accompanied by a 130-member business delegation, Mr Netanyahu is in India on a six-day visit, during which the two nations hope to deepen ties in trade and defence. The Israeli PM will hold comprehensive talks with PM Modi and also visit his home state Gujarat, where the two leaders will hold a joint road show on Wednesday. The Israeli PM will also visit Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Agra. On January 15, he will meet with the Indo-Israeli CEO forum in New Delhi and address a separate business event. He will deliver a speech at the Raisina Dialogue on January 16. Mr Netanyahu will also meet President Ram Nath Kovind.
PM Narendra Modi had visited the Jewish state in July last year, becoming the first Indian premier to do so.
Here are the live updates of Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s India visit:
The 3 bronze statues at Teen Murti represent the Hyderabad, Jodhpur & Mysore Lancers who were part of the 15 Imperial Service Cavalry Brigade that carried out the victorious assault on the city of Haifa on 23 September 1918 during World War I. More pics from the solemn ceremony pic.twitter.com/qdN6wts5aM
– Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) January 14, 2018
Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to India is only the second one by an Israeli prime minister and comes after a gap of 15 years. Former prime minister Ariel Sharon visited India in 2003.
Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu to arrive in India soon. Visuals from Delhi’s Teen Murti where PM Modi and PM Netanyahu will attend ceremony to mark the formal renaming of Teen Murti Chowk as the Teen Murti Haifa Chowk.
- The Teen Murti Memorial will be formally renamed as Teen Murti Haifa Chowk today.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be present at the ceremony along with PM Modi.
- The two leaders will also lay a wreath and sign the
- visitor’s book at the memorial.
- The three bronze statues at Teen Murti represent the Hyderabad, Jodhpur and Mysore Lancers who were part of the 15 Imperial Service Cavalry Brigade.
- The brigade carried out the victorious assault on the fortified city of Haifa on September 23, 1918, during World War I.
- Moshe was two years old when his parents – Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and Rivika – were killed in the Mumbai attack
- The terrorists had carried out the attacks over three days and killed 166 people.
- Moshe’s grandfather Shimon Rosenberg and his wife will accompany him
- Israeli PM is on a six-day visit where he will visit Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Agra.
- On January 15, he will meet with the Indo-Israeli CEO forum in New Delhi and address a separate business event.
- He will deliver a speech at the Raisina Dialogue on January 16.
- He will leave for Ahmedabad on the morning of January 17, where he will visit Sabarmati Ashram
- On January 18, he will have a number of engagements in Mumbai.
Source From: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ndtvnews-trending-news